Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I guess I've finally fallen to the penultimate bastion of social networking on the internet. I blog. All that is left is to tweet - which I can't fathom doing since I have so little time and Facebook and Ravelry seem to take enough precious time away from my littles.

I'm up early this morning. The kids are sleeping in - something that they almost *never* do - and I've got a clean kitchen and have cleaned both bathrooms. Now what to do? I'm itching to take time to put order to my yarn stash - much of which I inherited from my Grandmother when she moved almost 15 years ago... however, I do not yet have the tools to do so. I'm hoping to get my hands on a couple of cool devices that tell you the weight of yarn and the yardage. But for now, I must wait for my birthday and hope DH gets the hints that I've been dropping about what I want.
As for knitting, I'm entrenched in, probably, the third project for myself in all my 20 years of knitting. Problem is, the pattern calls for circular needles and I'm attempting to work it on straight. I've got an order in to KnitPicks for circulars but they are not the fastest game in town. Should have hit my local yarn shop and paid twice the price...


I've got a couple of other projects in the queue, including DD's Halloween costume. She's going to be a pirate this year. So far, I've got the skirts and the pants done, just need to start on the shirt, belt and hem the head scarf and I'll be all done. Problem is, finding time to do it. Hopefully, I can make some progress this weekend while we're in CT.

Our biggest undertaking is a picture a day of the back yard. We're almost at a year... just 4 more months to go... (I, honestly, can't wait for it to be done... it is getting a bit tedious.)
I've also spent the past couple of years trying to purge books from our insane collection in this house. I've been using PaperBackSwap.com to do so - the only problem is that as I send books out, I seem to be acquiring two for each book that comes in. Humm... seems like I need to figure out a better system.

No comments:

Post a Comment